Our goal is to make Anchorage a safe, comfortable, and convenient place to bike and walk.
Some of our advocacy efforts include:
- Promote smart policy through the traffic safety initiative Vision Zero Anchorage
- Ensure the Anchorage Non-Motorized Plan includes a comprehensive bike network
- Advocate for better bike laws that make Anchorage a safer place to bike
- Advocate for state-wide bike laws that encourage bicycling and make it safer, convenient and more accessible to everyone
- Advocating for smart growth that address all modes of transportation, either project-by-project, or at the transportation plan level
- Advocate for Complete Streets. We are excited to say AMATS (our Metropolitan Planning Organization) recently adopted a Complete Streets Policy!
Want to become more involved in advocating at the city-wide level for better infrastructure?
- Sit in on the AMATS Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC)
- Join the Bike Anchorage Advocacy Committee! We meet bi-monthly downtown. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.