Amazing turnout to this morning's Bike to Work Day treat station celebrations: 4,189 riders throughout Anchorage!
Thanks to everyone who turned out today and every day to make this city a great place for bicycling.
It's almost here! 2017 Bike to Work Day treat stations are on the map!
Nearly 50 stations are open from 6am-9am; and six are open from 4-6pm. Check out the map for details on each station--including what kind of yummy treats they have to offer!
Bike to Work Day is Wednesday, May 17th!
- Bike Anchorage Bacon Station-- thanks to the Spenard Roadhouse especially!
- Kumin and Sustainable Design Group
- CRW CReW and BNAP
- Alaska eBike
- Dark Horse Coffee Co
- Great Land Trust
- Bayshore Clubhouse
- Bosco's Comics
- Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage
- Anchorage Sand & Gravel
- Alyeska Pipeline Service Co
- Southcentral Foundation
- Denali Federal Credit Union
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- Fire Island Rustic Bakeshop
- Healthwise Care Center and Physical Therapy
- American Heart Association
- Providence Cancer Center
- Anchorage Community House
- Safe Kids Alaska
- Team Red, White, & Blue
- Anchorage Yoga
- Anchorage Cycle
- Hartman Orthodontics
- Off the Chain
- Resolution Brewing Company
- RIM and Corvus Design
- Public Employees Local 71
- The Bicycle Shop
- People Mover
- Umialik Insurance Company
- The Arc of Anchorage
- Roger Shaw
- Alaska Pacific University
- Trek Bicycle Store
- Snow City Cafe
- Anchorage Parks and Rec & Anchorage Park Foundation
- R&M Consultants
- Alaska Club Downtown
- Alaskan AIDS Assistance Association
- Alaska Air National Guard
- Kaladi Brothers Coffee
- Alaska Regional Hospital
- Highland Academy Charter School
- Anchorage Community Land Trust
- The Magpie
- Visit Anchorage
- STrEaM Academy
- Aquarian Charter School
- Faith Lutheran Church and School
Bike to Work Day - Host a Treat Station
- Anchorage Bike to Work Day is Wednesday, May 17th
- You can host a treat station wherever you would like--we'll make sure you don't overlap with another host. You can also choose to host the station in the morning or after work.
- Hosts provide the beverages, treats, or swag to share. Be creative!
- To host a treat station, sign up here!
Congratulations to these lucky winners of this year's raffle! We had great turn out to the Big Fat Ride and celebrated the day by pulling raffle prizes. The Big Fat Ride would not be possible without the support from Kathi Merchant at Alaska Ultra Sport and a list of amazing volunteers. Thank you!
We would especially like to thank our amazing business sponsors who contributed prizes to this year's raffle: Alaska Air, Surly, Becker Gear, Dogwood Designs, 45NRTH, The Bicycle Shop, Revelate Designs, Wolf Tooth Components, Cold Avenger, Pen Air, BarYak Expedition.
Thank you to the hundreds of supporters who participated in the Big Fat Ride and went the extra mile to buy raffle tickets!Read more
Bike Anchorage board members will be selling hot Raffle tickets throughout the month for $20.00. We'll have them at all Bike Anchorage Winter Bike Fest events, bib pick up for the Big Fat Ride, and we'll be pulling prize winners after the Big Fat Ride at Brown Bag Sandwich Company on Saturday, February 25th at 6pm. You don't need to be present to win, so get the tickets while you can!
Saturday, February 25th
@ Brown Bag Sandwich Co (535 W 3rd Avenue)
Come to Brown Bag after the Big Fat Ride with food (provided!) and drinks (for purchase)
Raffle drawing at 6pm!
Valet bike parking available
Thank you to the many donations from these amazing businesses! With their support, we are auctioning off thousands of dollars worth of prizes and travel. Please take a look at what you'll have the chance to win:
2 round trip coach tickets valid systemwide (excludes Cuba)
Fat Bike frame & fork
5 Becker custom down tube bags
2 sets of poagies ($120 value each)
1 pair of tires ($280 value)
1 Endura women’s jacket pink
1 pair 45NRTH Vanhelga tires ($280 value)
1 45NRTH Flowbeist and 1 Dunderbeist tire pairing ($280 value)
1 Wolf Tooth Bar Bag ($34 value) – The most full featured bicycle tool wrap available designed to make home and trailside repairs quick and efficient so you can get out riding.
5 pairs Wooligan Wolf Tooth Socks ($13 each) – Warm socks with extra thick wool in the footbed for added comfort…..and the distinctive wolf head on the calf to help you stand out from the pack.
1 Snow Hunter Balaclava ($60) - offers the performance of a tightly knit and highly wind-resistant fleece to keep you warm and concealed in the harshest winter conditions.
1 Expedition Balaclava ($80) - the warmest, most versatile cold weather mask available.