Join us on September 23rd-24th as we help the city get a handle on who uses our trails! This data collection effort will aid in the development of the city's new Non-Motorized Plan - an important document that will set priorities for things we care about, like new trails, sidewalks, and bike lanes!
As part of the upcoming Data Blitz Weekend, Bike Anchorage will be hosting a community ride on Sunday, September 24th from 10am-12pm! We will be joined by Fred Young, Principal Designer with Alta Planning + Design, who will explain how the data collection will inform future city planning. So come along if you're curious about Anchorage's non-motorized future! More details coming soon.
Ok, I'll admit it. I'm *that bicyclist. This month I bought a neon yellow helmet (like the kind given to tourists), and my confession is that I love it.
I distinctly remember telling my mother two years ago that I would not wear a neon helmet--similar to a conversation we had when I was in the fifth grade about jeans (yuck) vs. sweatpants (yes!). I eventually saw the light. Last spring, I got a neon yellow windbreaker that changed everything.
As I rode, I could see my glowing arms and never felt so visible! I felt more confident that other people could see me better in the morning dusk. A neon helmet is a natural progression, and just in time for winter darkness to sneak up on my morning commute.
In Alaska, being a highly visible bicyclist is a necessity. Here are a few tips to be seen around town:
Amazing turnout to this morning's Bike to Work Day treat station celebrations: 4,189 riders throughout Anchorage!
Thanks to everyone who turned out today and every day to make this city a great place for bicycling.
It's almost here! 2017 Bike to Work Day treat stations are on the map!
Nearly 50 stations are open from 6am-9am; and six are open from 4-6pm. Check out the map for details on each station--including what kind of yummy treats they have to offer!
Bike to Work Day is Wednesday, May 17th!
- Bike Anchorage Bacon Station-- thanks to the Spenard Roadhouse especially!
- Kumin and Sustainable Design Group
- CRW CReW and BNAP
- Alaska eBike
- Dark Horse Coffee Co
- Great Land Trust
- Bayshore Clubhouse
- Bosco's Comics
- Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage
- Anchorage Sand & Gravel
- Alyeska Pipeline Service Co
- Southcentral Foundation
- Denali Federal Credit Union
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- Fire Island Rustic Bakeshop
- Healthwise Care Center and Physical Therapy
- American Heart Association
- Providence Cancer Center
- Anchorage Community House
- Safe Kids Alaska
- Team Red, White, & Blue
- Anchorage Yoga
- Anchorage Cycle
- Hartman Orthodontics
- Off the Chain
- Resolution Brewing Company
- RIM and Corvus Design
- Public Employees Local 71
- The Bicycle Shop
- People Mover
- Umialik Insurance Company
- The Arc of Anchorage
- Roger Shaw
- Alaska Pacific University
- Trek Bicycle Store
- Snow City Cafe
- Anchorage Parks and Rec & Anchorage Park Foundation
- R&M Consultants
- Alaska Club Downtown
- Alaskan AIDS Assistance Association
- Alaska Air National Guard
- Kaladi Brothers Coffee
- Alaska Regional Hospital
- Highland Academy Charter School
- Anchorage Community Land Trust
- The Magpie
- Visit Anchorage
- STrEaM Academy
- Aquarian Charter School
- Faith Lutheran Church and School
Bike to Work Day - Host a Treat Station
- Anchorage Bike to Work Day is Wednesday, May 17th
- You can host a treat station wherever you would like--we'll make sure you don't overlap with another host. You can also choose to host the station in the morning or after work.
- Hosts provide the beverages, treats, or swag to share. Be creative!
- To host a treat station, sign up here!