Bike to Work Day - Host a Treat Station
In Anchorage, we'll celebrate Bike to Work Day on Wednesday, May 17th. Every year businesses, organizations, and enthusiasts encourage people to get on their bikes with coffee, donuts, blueberries and more. Help us celebrate a more bicycle-friendly city. Last year we had over 50 stations--let's go big this year and beat that record! Here's what you need to know to sign up as a treat station host:
- Anchorage Bike to Work Day is Wednesday, May 17th
- You can host a treat station wherever you would like--we'll make sure you don't overlap with another host. You can also choose to host the station in the morning or after work.
- Hosts provide the beverages, treats, or swag to share. Be creative!
- To host a treat station, sign up here!
- The 2017 Bike to Work Day is on Wednesday, May 17th, from 6:00 am - 9:00 am.
- You can host a treat station wherever you like. Some businesses choose to host a station where their company is located, some choose to host one along the trail - you decide! Here is the 2016 BTWD Station Map where everyone was located last year.
- If you choose to be along the trail you do not need any special type of permit. Once you fill out the form (located below), we will inform the Muni of where everyone is at.
- Your organization can have whatever you would like at your stand. Usually stands have a couple beverages, a few treats, and some goodies from their company to pass out to commuters.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU!!
- All interested organizations need submit this form by April 30th. This way we can start a map and a comprehensive list of all the stations around town, the time that each station will be open, and a description of what will be available at each location.
- Promote BTWD to your community!
- Here are resources from the Muni for 2017 BTWD
If you have any questions, please let us know! Otherwise I'll see you on the trails!
Do you like this post?