Use of Bike Anchorage Social Media Accounts by the public. Effective date: 10-20-2019.
Bike Anchorage hereby adopts a policy on the use of social media, regulating the use of Bike Anchorage’s social media accounts by the public. Bike Anchorage reserves the right to change, modify, or amend all or part of this policy.
- Content Restrictions. Bike Anchorage reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law that may be placed on or sent to its social media accounts. Content that is deemed not suitable for posting by the Bike Anchorage Administrator because it is not topically related to the particular subject being commented upon, or is deemed prohibited content based on the criteria defined below, shall be retained by saving a screenshot of the comment along with a memo to the file that describes the reason the specific content was deleted.
- Bike Anchorage’s social media account content and comments containing any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed for posting:
- Profane language or content.
- Slanderous, libelous, or defamatory language or content. Personal attacks will not be permitted.
- Comments not topically related to Bike Anchorage business being commented upon.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Solicitations of commerce.
- Personally identifiable information, such as an address, phone number, social security number or other sensitive information.
- Comments cannot represent a person other than the one posting the comment.
- Charitable solicitations or political campaigning.
- Conduct that is or encourages illegal activity.
- Copyright and trademark violations.
- Duplicate posts from the same individual.
- Content that includes private, personal information without consent.
- Gratuitous links to sites that are viewed as spam.
If a visitor violates Bike Anchorage’s social media comment policy guidelines, Bike Anchorage may, but is not obligated, to take any or all of the following steps:
- Remove the content;
- Terminate or block a visitor’s access to the applicable site, page or pages; and / or
- Report visitor(s) to the applicable social media site provider.
- Monitoring Bike Anchorage Social Media Accounts. As Bike Anchorage’s social media accounts are not monitored 24/7, it should not be expected that Bike Anchorage will respond to every comment.
- Notice. Users and visitors to Bike Anchorage’s social media accounts shall be notified that the intended purpose of the site is to serve as a mechanism of communication for Bike Anchorage that is controlled and directed by Bike Anchorage. The policy regarding comment removal shall also be included. This notice shall be posted in a conspicuous location on any Bike Anchorage social media account and should be posted in a consistent location on Bike Anchorage’s social media accounts.